Zinnydori in tha house!!


Ahh. Well I was attempting the whole 'no spend thing'...yeah it didn't go so well. Pretty badly, if truth be told. I treated myself, like I always do when I'm feeling blue. I was perusing the web but I didn't see anything that took my fancy. I was looking up TNs and other Dori type notebooks and then I remembered Daisy (mygreencow)doing a review of her Zinny Dori.

Off I go and order myself a gorgeous Sour Lime TN. Paid up and felt that warm tingly feeling when you've just purchased yourself something new! I didn't think much of not getting a confirmation e-mail, having seen payment was successful I forgot about it. Whoops! Despite being the quite diligent (ha!) planner that I am and noting the order down in my 'online orders' page, several weeks had gone by before I remembered I hadn't recieved it! I popped a message to Zinny who was so lovely and helpful, investigating the issue for me. There was a glitch and my order had been missed so she got straight on to dispatching my dori and it arrived a few days later. Note to self: Keep track of orders in future.


It arrived packaged so beautifully with a fabricy type tissue paper stuff...seriously I've no idea what its called, but it is nice whatever it is. Kept that for journalling too, always a bonus when you have journalling materials included. A very generous gift as a means of apology for the hiccup, Zinny had included a written note and a weekly insert. It wasn't really an issue, these things happen but I was touched by the thought. Not sure what I'll use it for just yet, but it'll be put to good use, the splash of watercolour on the pages is just to inviting not to use!




Wow! The colour is stunning :) the closest thing I can liken it to is the Filofax Saffiano in Pear, the faux leather has a similar look but a much softer buttery type feel. I adore the stamp (her shop/business logo) Zinny has added, although I don't think it is on all of the colours available. It looks a bit odd without any inserts in it, as the stamp is quite big, but once I've stuffed it I think it will be dead cute!

The quality is superb, the stitching is all neat and tidy. Nothing really to fault. The pockets on the inside add quite a bit of bulk and weight, but visually the scalloped edges of the pocket go some way to overcome the potentially 'clunky' look and feel. It is nice and wide, so there is lots of room to stuff this planner with my art journals (I don't do day to day planning in a TN, it just never worked out for me!). 

Thankfully a handy zip pouch is included with the TN, I've already marked the back of it...blimming typical, although I'm not sure how well it will fit when it is holding all of my inserts...we shall see ;)

If you have thought about getting yourself one of Zinny's notebooks I would seriously consider doing so, you won't regret it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream Create Journal #6 - A lesson in Reflection

Dream Create Journal: Changing it up

Beginning a new Journey